Do you ever have thoughts that just won’t get out of your head? It might be from that job you’re barely tolerating as you drag yourself out of bed each morning or it could be a relationship that isn’t working out. Or maybe it’s just negative thoughts that keep creeping into your head.
And you feel like talking to yourself and saying to those pesky thoughts …
So you must go along your way, for you see I’ve won today, oh would you be so kind to please get off my mind …
Call me crazy but I talk to myself a lot.
Meditating daily has been a great way to shift those roller coaster thoughts but sometimes we need more.
Sometimes we need a good dose of music and some punchy positive words.
That’s where my guitar has become my best friend. I started playing when I was 14, then I put it away for many years. It’s only been in the last couple of years that I’ve embraced it again.
Proof that we’re never too old to reconnect with our passions.
Who would have thought years later I’d be collaborating online with amazing artists from around the world to create original songs? Here’s our latest.
It’s a song for anyone who’s ever been stuck in an unhappy relationship, stuck in a non fulfilling job or just plain stuck in a negative way of thinking.
It’s feisty, loud, boisterous and a bit of a defiant pick me up tune for those moments when life threatens to drag us down.
It was fun to sing. I hope you enjoy it.
Are you doing what you love or are you letting negative thoughts rule your mind?
If so, STOP and shift those thoughts and get yourself into a better frame.
Here are a few other ways that can help to shift the focus:
- Get physical. Anything that gets the heart pumping and the endorphins flowing. Walk, jog, cycle, dance, take those Zumba classes you’ve been thinking about. I can’t wait to start again next month.
- Get creative: Write that story, get those ideas written down for your book, learn a musical instrument, draw, paint or sketch that masterpiece that’s inside you.
- Get planning: organise your next holiday, even if it’s just a weekend or day trip away. The anticipation and planning is often just as exciting.
- Get busy: immerse yourself in doing something for others. Helping others takes the spotlight off ourselves and is often the best way to feel good.
- Get Happy: be silly, watch clouds, dance naked, eat ice cream, make love, make a snowman, play charades, talk non stop till 3am with a good friend, do whatever makes you smile.
Remind yourself of all you DO have in your life rather than the opposite and you’ll notice thoughts shift to a better place.
Hope you’re still feeling the restful energies of the month as we head into another New Moon period. I feel as though we’re in a time of change with signs all round us attuning us to our path.
In a few posts I’ll be sharing one of the most amazing signs that came to me recently, that lead to a new song. It’s called Planting Dreams and I’ll be sharing it soon.
In the meantime I wish you peaceful days ahead, filled with music, love, laughter, kindness, warmth, friendship and, most importantly, lots of smiles.
With the right shift in focus life is simply delicious.
In fact, I’d say, with the right shift in focus I’ve Won Today.
In light and love as we continue the journey.
Connect with me on Facebook
Come check out my new group for like minded travelers
Outanabout YOLO “You only live once”