Isn’t it amazing how, when we’re young, we want to be mature and all grown up. We can’t wait to get to double digits, then we can’t wait to be a teenager. At 16 all we want is to be legal and driving. Then we hit 21 and the world is at our feet but suddenly we want the clock to slow down. 50 seems SO OLD.
Decades later nothing could be further than the truth. I still have a spring in my Zumba step, I can dance with the best of them and I’ll give most things a go. The best years are now.
Okay, my eye sight might be fading, my hair’s going grey and I’m finding new aches all the time and my memory isn’t as sharp as it used to be but … oh hell, what I was going to say?
Oh yes, yesterday (Sunday) was my birthday. Happy birthday to me. And to mark the occasion on my blog I thought I’d share a bit.
My regular readers will know how much I love my beautiful family (who spoilt me rotten yesterday) traveling and camping, all my pets and you’ll also know the sad journey with my mum.
Others may not, so in no particular order, here are a few light hearted and random things about me. I’ve limited the list to 30. Consider it starting from Age 21.
- I love a good thriller and spy movie …bring on James Bond and Jason Bourne
- When I’m driving by myself I love to crank the music up really loud in my car and sing.
- I love reading though my blog seems to have taken over. One of the biggest and best books I’ve read was Ken Follett’s Pillars of the Earth.
- I love a good massage and have a foot fetish. Rub my feet and I’m in heaven, actually rub me anywhere …
- I can’t nap in the middle of the day. I wake up as grouchy as a bear.
- My libido has never been healthier (yeah I know, too much information).
- Why are board walks so appealing to me? I love them.
- My poor guitar is gathering dust. But I promise I’ll play you soon.
- I can’t stand people who say they’ll do something then don’t.
- I’m an awful drawer. You’d never want to be my partner in Pictionary.
- The Northern Territory is the only state/ area I haven’t visited in Oz … so the Red Centre is next on the travel wish list.
- Lately I seem to cry at the drop of a hat. What is it, age, hormones …?
- Dark chocolate is my weakness. Red wine is another.
- I’ve become a bit OCD when I hang out my washing.
- I’m a night owl and do my best writing when everyone is asleep.
- I’m a typical Libran, a peacemaker and always weigh up all my options.
- Although I’m Italian and love pizza and pasta, Thai is my all time favorite cuisine.
- I’m a born organiser. Half the fun of our trips is the planning and anticipation.
- I love solitary beaches … no crowds please, just a deserted stretch of sand for me.
- Zumba, dancing and music is my best antidote to stress.
- Choosing a birthday card for others takes me AGES. It has to be just right so now I make my own.
- My memory sucks. I often walk into the kitchen and wonder what the hell I’m doing there.
- I talk to myself … a lot.
- One day soon I will publish my first ebook
- I’m very patient – except with aggressive car drivers.
- I seem to be getting clumsier and dropping the F word more often these days.
- I’m no stranger to panic attacks and anxiety but I’ve learned to control them.
- Being in my garden is like meditation to me.
- I feel most alive amongst nature. Nothing beats watching the sun rise over the ocean
- Actually nothing beats a new day full-stop. Life is to be lived to the full … it’s one big adventure and I feel so grateful for everything I have.
So there you have it, a little bit more about me.
But I don’t want this post to be all about me SO if you’d like to leave a comment I’d love for you to tell me one thing about yourself I don’t know. Call it a birthday present. Or leave a link to your latest post.
Thanks for being with me on my blogging journey. I absolutely love this community that has grown around me and all my beautiful friends from across the world.
Stay happy and keep enjoying the journey … now let’s go have some cake!