For all you dessert lovers out there I thought I’d follow up my last post with the recipe for my Peach and Raspberry Tart. This is a first for me, posting a recipe and I don’t have any elaborate step by step pictures to guide you but it’s super easy and such a favorite amongst my family and friends that I simply had to share the love here.
Peach and Raspberry Tart
What you need:
125g butter, softened
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1.5 cups self raising flour, sifted
3 peaches , halved and cut into wedges (I often use sliced peaches from the can)
150g of your chosen berries (blueberries, raspberrries, blackberries, whatever you fancy. I often use unthawed frozen ones if fresh aren’t in season)
I tablespoon icing sugar
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Grease a 9 inch normal cake tin or a quiche dish (which is what I use).
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Add eggs and continue to beat well.
- Transfer it to a bowl then fold in the flour (with a metal spoon) and add mixture to the quiche dish.
- This is the fun part. Top with peaches, berries and icing sugar.
- Bake for one hour until cooked. I usually test it after 55 minutes with a skewer
So there you have it. Easy and delicious. Hope you enjoy.
It’s great served with a dollop of double thick cream.
And no need to feel guilty afterwards. Put on some music and dance it off!